Thursday, November 20, 2014

Red Light Green Light / Mrs Amy Sapp





Red Light / Green Light
Mrs Amy Sapp
O'Fallon, MO

Have you ever played the child's game "Red Light Green Light"?  Even maybe as an adult with your own children, down at the other end calling the "red light green light" signals?  Everyone starts at one end, the goal is to make it to the other side before anyone else.  When "Green Light" is called, you run with all your might!  When "Red Light" is called out, you stop immediately!  What happens if you don't STOP?  You are sent back to the beginning, to start all over!
I was thinking about this game not to long ago, as I was calling out the signals to the children that we work with in our "Super Church".  We all start at the beginning line of life and our goal is to finish our race with everything we've got!


1 Corianthians 9:24
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth
the prize?  So run, that ye may obtain. 

As soon as "Green Light" is called.  We run with all of our power!!  When the Lord gives us the go ahead with anything we should run and run with all our heart and might!  If the Lord puts it in your heart to do something, do it to the best of your ability!  If it is of the Lord, do not hesitate!    There have been several times over the past few years that I have had ideas of starting this blog.  However, it just wasn't the right timing.  If I had started it before the Lord was ready for me to start it, I have no doubt in my mind that I would have given up on it already.  The Lord put certain people in my life, to get me motivated and to show me that this was something that the Lord wanted me to do.  And now, at this time, this is one way that the Lord wants me to serve Him, so I want to do it with all of my might, and do it to please Him. 

Deuteronomy 6:5
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart,
 and with all thy soul, and with all they might.

When the "Red Light" is called, we need to STOP!  We could be doing something that would be leading us or others into the wrong direction.  Or it could be that whatever we are doing, is something we should be doing or will be doing, but not the right timing.  If it is something you are unsure of, have patience.  Pray, wait on the Lord, let Him guide you!  I went through several years of Bible college dating the same guy.  We were engaged to be married.  We were in "love".  Two weeks before our wedding, the Lord said, STOP!!  Was it hard??  Yes, it was incredibly hard, but that man was not who the Lord had planned for my husband.  And I am sure glad I did wait!

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord:  be of good courage, and he shall strenghthen thine heart:  wait, I say, on the Lord.

What if you have to start all over, what if you fall?  No big deal!!  Get up, clean yourself off, and begin again, with the same strength and zeal you had the first time!  The only race we have to run, is our own!  Stay on the right course, if the Lord says STOP, then stop.  If not, keep on going!  Finish your race, get your prize!!  Let the Lord direct your path!!

Proverbs 3:6
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.




No comments:

Post a Comment