Friday, April 5, 2019

Day 1 / Shelly Hamilton

Shelly Hamilton
Majesty Music
Greenville, SC

DAY 1

The just shall live by faith. Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 10:38
God is the Almighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. He is the Great One; the Creator, the Ruler over land and sea. He crafted each star and each planet, setting them with precision into the universe. The waves of the sea crash to the shore at His command. The trees and the flowers grow heavenward to worship Him. The birds sing their sweet songs to praise Him.
We have the gift of life only because God wills it. He formed each of us in our mother’s womb and breathed into us the breath of life. You and I will not rise up yesterday, today, or tomorrow without the permission, power, and preordinance of God.
In this incredible journey called life we encounter many twists and turns. Sometimes a twist in our journey surprises us with inexplicable joy, yet at other times, unimaginable sorrow.
We can’t see ahead on this journey. We make plans, we take precautions, we get wise counsel; but ultimately, God is the One who designs each individual road map. He knows exactly where each journey is going to begin, its length, its bumps and curves, and where it ultimately is going to end.
I have gained much through my journey, as I am sure you have through yours.
My celebrations are not always by my choice and
most certainly are not my trials—but what lessons I have learned as a result of both!
What I ascertain from my life journey always comes back to this simple truth from Scripture: “The just shall live by faith.” This important principle, which God repeats four times in His Word, has become the foundation of my Christian faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment