Monday, March 28, 2016

Dear Pastor's Wife / Mrs Vicky Mutchler

 
Mrs Vicky Mutchler
Pastor's Wife
Grandview Baptist Church
Beavercreek, OR
 
 
 
Dear Pastor’s wife,
Does this scenario sound familiar?
Husband: “Honey, I got you a job today.”
Wife: “Really? Okay, but I wasn’t looking for a job. I have plenty to do here running the household and raising the kids. That was our plan, right? Me stay home with the kids so you could fully dedicate yourself to the ministry.”
Husband: “Yeah, yeah. But I really need you take this job for me.”
Wife: “Well, okay, just tell me what to do and when it needs to be done by, and I will do everything I can to make it happen.”
Husband: “Well, right now there are no specific responsibilities. Basically, it’s just doing anything at church that no one else steps up to do or wants to do.”
Wife: “Oh my, that is a tall order. Okay, I’ll do it. I guess we could use the extra money anyway. Things are always tight around here on a pastor’s salary.
Husband: “Well, actually honey, there is no salary . . .”
I think there is a lot that has been added to “our job descriptions” (no added pay...of course there was no pay to add to!)
We have believed lies that have been handed down as fact….
FALSE: As the Pastors wife I must be what the people need. (or expect)
TRUTH: I am who I am. I am qualified because I have my name on a marriage license with their Pastor!
FALSE: I must live in a glass house with spectators.
TRUTH: Every family is under the scrutiny of others. Live in a glass house...dress in basement! Or close the curtains.
FALSE: I will never have normal hours with my husband a pastor!
TRUTH: Pastor’s are busy but so are: Policemen, EMT’s, Doctors….many are on call 24/7. Look at the flexibility offered as well!
Remember you are to learn from every situation. Be a cheerleader. Love your husband! Be yourself, but push yourself to be more like Jesus everyday!
The ministry is a great job with an opportunity to minister to great people. Remember ...you attract what you are! So— stop whining, start praising!  Stop complaining, start thanking! Stop taking, start giving! Stop talking, start doing!
Thank you for all you do for the cause of Christ!
Love you,
Mrs. VIcky
 
Mrs. Vicky


No comments:

Post a Comment