Monday, November 26, 2018

My Opportunity is Today / Mrs Anna Cannon

Mrs Anna Cannon
Victory Baptist Church
Roseburg, OR

My Opportunity is Today

Prov. 27:1
Boast not thyself of to morrow;
for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
James 4:14-17
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

This is probably the busiest time of year for me. It is so easy to get caught up in cooking , shopping, decorating, getting the best deals, mailing Christmas cards and on and on.  It is so easy to let time get away from me and before I know it a week has passed and I haven’t spent meaningful time in my Bible, or witnessed to anyone or had a heartfelt conversation with God. It is so sad because this is the time of year we are supposed to express and show our thankfulness. We are celebrating the birth of God’s son, the savior of the world! And yet, we are so busy worrying about tomorrow! Will we get everything done? Will we remember to get that last minute gift? Will the house look just right? So, here are some points that help me make the most of the time I have no matter how busy life gets. Do I do this perfectly? NOT! But, it is a reminder of what is important.
1. I need to do good with the time I have. Eph. 5:15 
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
2. I need to be content with what I have. Heb. 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
3. I need to love wholeheartedly the people I have. Eph. 5:25-33
4.  I need to appreciate the blessings I have
5.  I need to deal with the problems I have

Let’s be good stewards of our time during this Holiday season, and appreciate all God has blessed us with. After all, we are not promised another tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment