Friday, December 14, 2018

Jesus is... / Mrs Heidi Cranston

Mrs Heidi Cranston
Pastor's Wife
Heritage Baptist Church
Burlington, IA

Isaiah 9:6 says, “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be
called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.”

This, of course, is a prophecy of Jesus.  Praise the Lord He is these five
things, and yet each one of us could name many more things we have found Him to be in our lives.

Jesus is a friend.  Proverbs 18:24b “There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.”  Hebrews 13:5b “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”  I love the fact that no matter where I go or what task I am given, Jesus is right there with me. As the song says, “He’s as close as the mention of His name.”

Jesus is our guide.  Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.”  James 1:5 “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” Many times I do not know for sure how to handle a situation, so I ask the Lord to help me and He leads me through.  I’m so thankful for the guidance Jesus gives.

Jesus has unconditional love.  There is nothing I could say or do that would cause Jesus to cease to be these things to me.  However, I am not able to enjoy all He is to me if I allow sin to block my relationship with Him. When I humble myself, confess  my sin, and turn my heart back to Him, He is right there waiting to be all that I need again!

We have such a great gift in knowing Jesus as our Saviour!  I challenge us as ladies to take a few minutes this Christmas season and think about all that Jesus means, then be sure to thank Him for it.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment